Wednesday, October 05, 2005

DECISIONS "It's not what we do once in a while that counts, but our consistent actions. And What is the father of all action? What ultimately determines who we become and where we go in life? The answer is our decisions. Its in these moments that our destiny is shaped. More than anything else, I believe our decisions - not the conditions of our lives - determine our destiny."
Anthony Robbins
This really resonates with me. I have a major decision to make regarding my career. I used to really LOVE training people and being in touch with ordinary workers - the ones who actually make things happen in the corporate world. I seem to have lost the drive required to do that and be happy about doing it. I want to do something creative like write or paint or draw or scrapbook. But I am not sure how I can make a living doing that?
I have this thing about always having a "proper job" with which to support myself and that has been drummed into me all my life. Security and formal training is more important and stable than arty type jobs. But the security is just not doing it for me anymore. I don't love my job anymore!
My usual answer to this dilemma is to change jobs. But that has been a pattern for the last 7 years that I have been working. I just know that this time that solution is not going to make a difference. More money and a different environment is not going to "fix" the problem this time.....

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?