Monday, January 16, 2006

Back at work.....and a holiday update...!

Back at work and strangely content to be back – note not happy, just content. Manily due to getting back into a familiar routine and have INTERNET ACCESS! I have missed it although one of my work resolutions is to spend less time on the internet and more time actually doing some work! Lets see how long that one lasts! I fell much better –mainly because EXAMS are OVER!!! Don’t even ask how they went – the last one was AWFUL! I only studied for that on ehte DAY BEFORE the exam and that is just not good enough! Anyway I gave all three my best shot – now I just have to wait for the results! EEEK! My holiday Seems like a distant memory now although it was fun and I got to spend some time with my mother which I haven’t done for a while. We had such fun just her, me and the children (my two and one of my sisters’). W e took the bus to Durban – we left at about 8.00 in the evening and got there at about 2.00 in the morning with slleping children and piles of bags and baggage (someone took my nieces bag by mistake -luckily they realized it before leaving and ran back to do the swop with us!). Friday 16 dec Was a public holiday so we were desperate for the beach. Cleverly, I had left my costume at home so I had to try to get another (except that at the till to pay I realized I had left my wallet at my grans house so we had to drive back there to get it! I felt like a fool! We went to the workshop after the slight detour and the fleamarket was open – we shopped a bit and I found a costume and some jewelry. I bought spices and the Indian spice shop there and we had lunch at Orientals where I have my BEANS BUNNY!! Yummy – I was one happy girl. On our way home we went to Wilsons wharf and watched the boats (in the rain) ate lychees and did some shopping. NO SWIMMING – too much rain! Saturday 17 Raining! Did some grocery shopping for the house Sunday 18 Went to Scottsburgh beach - lovely the children swam and played in the sand - great time. Also went to the fleamarket and bought some 2nd hand books and a lovely top. Monday 19 a bit of shopping at the pavilion in the morning and lunch on the beach, with a bit of swimming and playing in the sand until it started RAINING! Tuesday 20 Rained - stayed hom with the children and some movies Wednesday 21 Same as above! Thursday 22 Drove to one of the beaches. We swam for about and hour until it started RAINING!!!! We then went and bought rotis which we went and ate at the beach (yes, in the rain!) Friday 23 My sister arrived (1 day early) - we did last minute shopping (with ALL our children in a packed mall!) and Saturday 24 Surprise arrival of my BROTHER! 25 Lovely family lunch, visit to Jeromes mother in the afternoon for a teleconference call to his sister who is in Arizona 26 drove back home I got to do some, but not ALL the things on my list because of the rain - but it was nice - nice to be with my Mum, nice to spend time with the chldren and nice to be around family Plans for the new year: • My biggest goal this year is to get my drivers license. At 31 years old I think it is way overdue! • I also want to GET A NEW JOB! This one was kick started for me by getting a call from an agency (I saw this as a “sign”) looking for a training manager offering A LOT more money than I am getting now and it will be out of MIDRAND ( a 2-3 hour drive every morning!!) • Do something creative everyday! • Write more • Date night with Jerome 1X a week • Spend more time doing things with my children There are many others but these are the main ones. That’s quite a lot…I am just glad to be feeling better and have the dread of the exam over. I now feel like it’s a New Year with new challenges and PLANS to make! Happy Monday to you all!

Comments:
sounds like a wonderful holiday! Someday I must travel there! Wishing you much luck on your exams.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?