Monday, April 03, 2006

I am back....{21} challenge journal entries

I am back after a gruelling week! Last week was HECTIC! I was on a week long training programme and in the midst of my wooden floors being sanded and sealed. This involves:
  1. flloors being sanded (everything in the house is then covered in dust)
  2. living in said dust
  3. moving ALL sawdust-covered belongings out of abovementioned house (onto verandah, backyard, maids quarters and shed)
  4. Floors being sealed (with strong smelling industrial strength wood varnish)
  5. Strong smell drives all the people out of the house
  6. Above mentioned inhabitants of the house left sitting on the pavement
  7. Kindly brother in-law offers temporary accomodation
  8. Said family packs a bag and moves for 4 DAYS!!!
  9. Varnished floors take 3 days to dry
  10. Furniture sleeps outside in Johannesburg, South Africa - one of the most dangerous cities in the world. Luckily nothing is stolen!
  11. Sunday afternoon, father of said family deems the floors dry enough for furniture to be moved back into the house. Move begins at 3.00 on SUNDAY AFTERNOON!
  12. Monday 5.55 am - Time to get up for WORK!!

This is a summary of my life over the past week. Did I mention that the OTHER contractor (who started 1 MONTH AGO is STILL NOT FINISHED????? I am hoping that he's constant "we will be finished today" is finally, finally true when I get home this afternoon!!

Anyway, I managed to get some {21} Challenge entries done...I have not managed to get around to seeing many


Comments:
Your pages were well worth the wait. Great job!
 
Thanks for your comment on my blog...I have to day your entries are also great...are they all digital??? Great job
Kim Bolyard
 
I love the circle! Great pages!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?